We are seeking a skilled and experienced part-time industrial seamstress to join our team! If you have a strong work ethic, excellent attention to detail, and a passion for producing high-quality products, this position is for you.
You'll spend time on the following:
- Operate industrial sewing machines to sew and assemble fabric patterns for our autonomous barns
- Follow technical specifications and instructions to ensure that finished products meet quality standards
- Measure and cut fabrics according to pattern specifications
- Perform routine maintenance on sewing machines, including changing needles and oiling machines
- Work collaboratively with team members to ensure that we meet project deadlines
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
Here’s what we are looking for:
- You have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You have prior experience as an industrial seamstress or in a manufacturing environment preferred, with specific experience in fabric building construction
- You have expertise in operating industrial sewing machines and working with various types of fabrics, including heavy-duty materials such as PVC
- You have strong attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- You can read and interpret technical drawings and patterns
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- You are comfortable with repetitive tasks and standing for extended periods
- You can work independently and as part of a team
Bonus points if...
- You have prior experience as an industrial seamstress or in a manufacturing environment
- You have experience working in a startup or an agri-business
- Bilingual (English/French)
About Ukkö Robotics
We’re a team of makers, thinkers and farmers. We approach regenerative farming with innovation and technology, using what we learned to create easy-to-use products that give farmers flexibility and peace of mind.
Cofounders Daniel Badiou and Katrina Jean-Laflamme founded Ukkö Robotics with the goal of using technology to transform the traditional barn, making pasture-based farming more accessible. We specialize in the manufacturing of our connected, self-moving barns : the ROVA|BARN.
ROVA|BARN provides farmers (and aspiring farmers) with never-before-seen flexibility, allowing individuals to raise their animals on pasture while having the same benefits as most high-tech barns.
- Part-Time (min. 20 hrs/week): in-person
- Flexible schedule
- Successful candidates will be remunerated based on their skills and experience.
- Posted on May 1st, 2023
- Closed when we select a suitable candidate for the position
If this role sounds like a good fit for you, send us your résumé at email@example.com